Tuesday 17 May 2016

Maybelline Super Stay foundation 1st impressions

 Hey guys, so today I'm going to be telling you my opinion on the maybelline superstay foundation,  the first time i tried it. My shade is 05 beige which was the palest, even this was too dark. I am very pale and maybelline products are always a shade too dark.It is still wearable if you blend it a lot.

The price was £8.99 in superdrug, but it was in a two for £10 offer (with the eyeliner that will be in my next post) which I'm chuffed about.

Claims:

  • No colour shifting, dulling or fading
  • Breathable and comfortable
  • Non-tranfer: won't rub off
  • Dermatologist-tested
For my 1st impressions it was really good, I love the texture and finish of this. I have oily skin so most foundations that offer a 'fresh look' will leave me looking like a greasy mess. However this one made me look amazing! It made my skin more matte than it naturally is but still looking healthily dewy! It was a medium, buildable coverage and it felt very lightweight on the skin.

Throughout the day it still looked as it did the moment I applied! Obviously I didn't leave it on for 24 hours (who wears makeup for 24 hours straight?) but for the (approximately) 8 hours I wore it, it looked flawless the whole time. It didn't rub off when I accidently touched my face a few times and sat very comfortably on my skin for the whole time. Overall I would definitely recommend this, the only issue I have is the shade range. If you have literally white skin this will be wayyy too dark and (in my Superdrug at least) the shades only went up to an orangy tan. Apart from that, if you can find your shade, I would definitely recommend this product.



Comment what you'd like a review of next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment